PageUp LMS Tips & Insights
Check this page for tips and insights on how to make the PageUp Learning Management System work best for you!
Use PageUp LMS like a Boss!
As a supervisor, access your team's information, please follow the steps below:
- Log into PageUp LMS
- Select My team on the navigation bar, then select Organizational chart from the drop-down. This should provide a list of your employees. If this list is not correct, please contact email@example.com.
- On each person's card is a link to their Development plan. Select to see what is on their development plan: In progress/Upcoming, Completed, and Pending Approval. You can also select Team development from the drop-down under My team to see what they are working on at a glance.
Assign training using this training aid.
Allow Pop-Ups in Your Web Browser
The PageUp LMS system requires pop-ups to function fully, such as completing on-demand learning activities. While it’s not a good idea to fully open your browser to all pop-ups, here are some instructions for allowing specific sites (such as the PageUp LMS) to use pop-ups.
Microsoft Edge: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/forum/all/block-or-allow-pop-ups-in-microsoft-edge-windows/353fd8f4-0998-40ee-a73f-f613ce59caaa
Mac users: https://setapp.com/how-to/allow-pop-ups-on-mac
- Select Safari in the menu bar and go to preferences.
- Navigate to the Websites tab.
- Click on Pop-up Windows in the sidebar.
- Open the dropdown for any currently active website (you may also find this in “When visiting other websites”)
- For https://virginiatech.pageuppeople.com:443 choose Allow.
For additional assistance, contact 4-help to learn how to allow pop-ups from the PageUp LMS.
On-Demand Title IX Training Tip
To complete the Title IX course policy acknowledgment section, follow these steps:
- When you open the policy, direct click on it as it automatically opens in a new tab on your browser window. Do not close any windows.
- Once you have clicked on and reviewed the policy, minimize the browser window by pressing the dash sign "-". You should be able to find the small course window that was hiding behind it.
- Once you click back on the course window, it should allow you to checkmark the box that says you read the policy and then click the Continue button.
The January 1, 2099 date was picked in the system as the furthest date out to help with requirements for compliance courses or courses that offer more than one delivery method.
It does not mean that the course will be offered on that date. It does mean that the course will available until that date. To ensure your compliance with the course, select Learn Now to complete the course if you have chosen to register for the On Demand version.
If for some reason you cannot make your originally selected timeslot, please follow the steps below to change to a new timeslot:
- Log into PageUp LMS
- Select About me on the navigation bar, then select Development plan from the drop-down. On the first tab, it will show your In progress/Upcoming learning activities.
- Select the title of the learning activity you need to change.
- Select Remove.
- Go into the Learning library and select the course. Choose a new timeslot.
Step-by-step instructions on removing yourself from an upcoming learning activity are found on this training aid.
My Learning Activity Requires Renewal
The notice you received is to let you know that the course will expire on the date listed in parenthesis. At this time, you do not have to take any action.
However, if you would like to preemptively take the course and stay compliant, you can search the Learning Library by going to:
- Select "My Development" on the navigation bar
- Then select "Learning Library" from the drop-down.
- You can then search for the course under its title using the search box.
- If it is an online course, to take the course, select "Learn Now." If it is a live course, select "Book" or select an available timeslot.
If you do not preemptively take the course, you will receive further email communications.
Completing online courses
If you completed a course and it is still not showing up, please take the following actions:
- Go back into the course, and redo the final section.
- Wait for the system to acknowledge your completion with a Congratulations message in the course pop-up window.
- If you do not receive a congratulations message, and you do receive a Paused message, go back into the course and check for section indicators, like checkmarks, in the menu that you have completed the entire course. If the course is a video, it may require you to play the entire time rather than skipping around, even if all the checkmarks are there.
Nagging calendar invites?
- Be signed in to Google using your VT login
- Follow the link provided: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/r/week/2099/1/1
- Ensure the view is set as "week"
- Find Jan. 1 calendar event
- Select the calendar event
- Delete the calendar event using the trashcan icon
8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday